Gareth is a taxation and family wealth advisor with over 25 years experience. He became a partner in 2002 and sole principal in 2011.
With a particular interest in Australian and international taxation, superannuation and retirement planning and assisting small to medium size businesses, Gareth has a diverse and successful group of clients.
Gareth prides himself on being able to resolve complex problems and present options to clients top help them manage their taxation and compliance responsibilities and control their income and net wealth.
Assignments Gareth has dealt with over the years include:
- complex taxation matters including capital gains tax, employee share schemes and international tax
- advice on setting up and management of small to medium size businesses
- setting up and maintaining self managed superannuation funds (SMSFs)
- advice on self funded retirement
- determination of appropriate structures for holding assets and conducting business
- advice on property development structures and management
- advice on offshore income, assets and entities
- advice to non residents on Australian taxation matters
- advice on asset protection
- management of investment portfolios for capital gains tax purposes
- estate planning and management of deceased estates and testamentary trusts
- family budgeting
- inter-generational wealth transfer
- assisting clients with matrimonial issues
- advice on farming and the rural sector, after having grown up in the Western Districts on a sheep, cattle and cropping farm, and with brothers still heavily involved in farming and the rural sector.
- Chartered Accountant - Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Fellow of The Tax Institute (FTI)
- Certified Practising Accountant (CPA Australia)
- Tax Agent
- Limited Authorised Representative 1248314 of Merit Wealth Pty Ltd, Australian Financial Services Licence 409361, ABN 89 125 557 002
- Bachelor of Business, majoring in Accounting - Ballarat University
- VCE - Geelong Grammar
Gareth has three children who are young adults and enjoys being active in their education and sporting pursuits including cricket and football. In his spare time Gareth enjoys playing golf, night tennis for Buckley Park Tennis Club, veterans cricket for Keilor Cricket Club and being the "magnet board man" for the Keilor Football Club seniors. Gareth is more interested in local football these days but still supports Geelong in the AFL.